Monday 13 May 2013

Week 14 group task

We have moved on to block 3 on the course, which involves working on a specific task in groups to produce a web based resource...

Assessment of multi-media artefacts in a design-based course
 

Think of a course where students learn by designing objects or activities, and representing these as multi-media artefacts. How do you incorporate effective assessment into the course?

I initially saw the task as a bit of a challenge for me as I am not really involved in design-based courses as such. However the more I thought about it the more I realised that I kind of do this with my classes anyway. I often ask learners to produce outputs in a wide array of electronic formats, for example, video (phone), screencast, image or proprietary from a particular piece of simulation software. These objects produced by my classes are not formally assessed, however if they were, how would I go about it?

We have been allocated into our groups and we have been working great together so far, I am really excited about the resource we are going to create. We have set up our site and logbook, this week we will decide on a context and definition for the project and start to look at personas.

No comments:

Post a Comment