Sunday 9 June 2013

Gardening marathon

The weather has been absolutely beautiful in Paisley this weekend. The temperature has been around 25 celsius (is that how you spell celsius?), I can't remember the last time it's been as warm. It's been 3 years since I moved into this house, I feel now that I am finally beginning to appreciate my garden. I think it's because Isabella is now two and from the moment she opens her eyes in the morning, she cries 'OUTSIDE!!' We are fortunate that we have a big garden, she loves it. Because of that I have been keeping the garden really tidy this year, more than I have in the past, I am quite getting into gardening now, it's good time to reflect - it's easy to end up in a world of your own for a few hours.

It's the final week for block 3 in the OU - I am quite relieved at this. I don't think the learning design process that we are all going through needed to be as complex - there seemed to be a lot of frustration going on - I am luck that I am in an extremely efficient team that works well together. We are at the point now we are about to prototype the site. There was a whole group hangout this morning, to discuss block 3 and the impending TMA. I was sad to miss it, but I had family commitments to take care of.

Gladly, things are beginning to wind down in work, the summer holidays are only a couple of weeks away. My classes are finishing and I'm mopping up now, results this year haven't been too bad, I've not had the best quality of learners - they are in for a rude awakening when the go into university year 3 in September.

I've got quite a lot of Moodle business to attend to between now and the start of July. I am running a train the trainers session on backing up and resetting courses, I am also planning for a big upgrade to version 2.5 and with it, a redesign of the interface. Staff in the college found out the name for our newly  merged institution on Friday, the upgrade I imagine will have to reflect this - photoshop here we come.

1 comment:

  1. David, how could we possibly compete with your lovely daughter and sunshine. Hopefully catch up with you in the next block.

    ReplyDelete